If you are like most real estate investors, you want to hit the ground running. Ambition can go a long way, and it is in your best interest to remain proactive. While it is human nature to want to dive right in and close as many deals as possible, you need to have an understanding of what it is you are getting into. It is unrealistic to assume you know everything before you even start. Mind due diligence and educate yourself on what you need to know.
If you aren’t sure where to start, here are three things every new real estate investor should know:
Start Small & Local.
When you are just starting out, focus on smaller deals inside an area you are comfortable with. This is one of the best ways to truly learn the business.
In growing too quickly, you can damage your business in a way that may be difficult to recover from. There is nothing wrong with closing one deal a month until you are ready to take on more.
Understand The Process:
You don’t necessarily need to be an expert in every area, but you can’t be clueless either. The better you understand the process, the better investor you will be. Though some people have made quick riches from real estate without much knowledge about investing, others do their homework before committing their finances to the undertaking.
Real estate can be profitable when people have the knowledge to make wise investments.
6 Steps to Take When Buying a house or Land Property in Nigeria
1. Study the condition of the Property 2. Know Who is Selling 3. Make enquiries about the true Owner 4. Make the necessary Payment and Collate the Right Documentation 5. File the Documentation for Your New Purchase With the State Government 6. Choose a qualify Estate Agent to Help Manage the Property There are good number of things to look out for and keep in mind when buying a new home or landed properties especially in a place like Lagos Nigeria. The following 6 steps are important and will serve as guideline while you make that property investment in Nigeria.
1. *Understand the condition of the Property* all the Investors want to get the best value for their money. And this often translates to the best return on their investment. With this in mind, you want to evaluate the potential growth in investment in a particular area before you throw your hard earned money at it. Growth range is between 5%-30%. Why get less when you can get more? Choose your investment location wisely.
2. *Make enquiries on Who is Selling* and Always keep the following questions in mind: “Who is the rightful owner of the property?” “Who is selling the property? Is it the owner, the owner’s wife, son, daughter, or someone else?” “Who’s name appears in the documents? Is it the current owner or the previous owner?” “What liabilities currently exist on the property?”
3. *Make enquiries on the True Owner* Before you purchase a plot of land or a completed building, be sure to conduct what is called a “search” on the property. This is the process of verifying from the state government if the property in question is within government acquired properties or not and if there are any pending litigation or other issues on the property. The bureau of lands of Lagos state is responsible for all land related matters in Lagos state. It also has office in Government secretariat Alausa Ikeja Lagos Nigeria.
4. *Make necessary Payment and collate the Right Documentation* Pay the property amount to the property owner, then collect the (a) purchase receipt (b) the contract of sales (c) the building plan (d) originals of other relevant documents in possession of the previous owner
5. *File the Documentation for Your New Purchase With the State Government* It’s important to undergo this steps because it legally proves that you are the new owner in the eyes of the law. If the property already has a C of O (Certificate of Occupancy), you’ve got Governor’s consent for it which is great. If it does not, then you start processing your C of O as soon as possible.
6. *Choose An Estate Agent to Help Manage the Property* You protect your investment when you do this especially if you live outside Lagos Nigeria or overseas. People who have invested big time in Lagos Nigeria real estate have found out that it has been one of the best and wise decisions they have ever made in their lifetime.
Newly 4 Bedroom Terrace duplexes at Ikota Lekki almost at finished stage.
Delivery date is August/September
Features All room en-suite 3 car park space Fitted kitchen Gas cooker Oven Smoke extractor 24 hours power supply Interlocked road Security guards Treated water Water heater CCTV POP Ceiling Fire extinguisher Laundry Dinning room Green area
For more information and inquiries call /WhatsApp 08071020463 07089909705
Lavadia is an arcade of magnificent surroundings and exceptional estate living, a stunning home destination for every resident who seeks uppermost tranquillity and clean aesthetics. It is the ultimate spot for rest and restoration.
Location: Abraham Adesanya Title: Governor’s Consent Units: Spacious and well ventilated 2&3 bedroom terraces and 3&4 semi-detached duplexes [all fully finished] Payment Plan: Up to 18 months Initial deposit: N2.99M
Neighbourhood: • Lekki Scheme 2 • Inoyo Havens • Abraham Adesanya Estate • Chaplain Court • Lagos Business School • Caleb British International School • Atican Beach • Barracuda Beach • Lekki Miami Beach Resort • MX Film and Multimedia Academy • Novare Mall • Lufasi Nature Park
With Urban Prime Two, we welcome you to taste the finer side of home.
The Summit Place is perfectly positioned around the new economic centre of Lagos State where massive projects that will boost the economy is currently on going.
LOCATION: Off Vafiero Road Oshoroko Town, 4 Minutes Drive from Dangote Refinery Ibeju Lekki Lagos
This is the best place for you to invest for the future and can even start building as the need of accommodation for the ever increasing workforce around the free trade some is constantly on the increase. The calculated projection in terms of investment appreciation is well over 100%.
Amenities to be provided: ✅ Perimeter Fence ✅ Gate House ✅ Electricity ✅ Drainages ✅ Good Road Network ✅ Shopping complex ✅ Recreation Area
Neighborhood: 🏖 La’Campaigne Tropicana Resorts 🌃 Lagos Smart City 🌃 Awolowo museum 🌃 Ibeju lekki LCDA office ⛽ Dangote Refinery Complex 🏪 Lekki Free Trade Zone 🚢 Lekki Sea Port 🏘 Several Gated Estates
PRICE: N6M TITLE: GLOBAL C OF O SIZE: 600SQM PER PLOT
Do not let this great opportunity pass you by…
Secure your tomorrow today
INVEST IN THE SUMMIT PLACE WHERE YOUR RETURN ON INVESTMENT IS 101% GUARANTEED!
Call/WhatsApp us now for more information and inspection: +234 8071020463
If owning an apartment in a Luxurious Estate like Avocado Apartment that is easily accessible and strategically positioned close to major landmarks like Magodo and Ikeja is your choice, then we got you covered with our beautiful apartments in a lovely and serene environment.
The best time to buy a landed property was many years ago…. the next best time is today!
Don’t be the man who tells the stories of how “I was told about this property many years ago but…” be the man who invested and tells the success stories.
Introducing….. Lekki Boulevard Estate located within the corridor of the fastest growing investment hub in Africa, Ibeju Lekki.
Lekki Boulevard was conceived out of the urgent need to provide a suitable, conducive, standard moderate and affordable property with a combination of beauty, quality, comfort and affordability for home seekers and investors alike.
LOCATION: Owode Ise, 3 minutes drive away from La Campagne Tropicana Resort Lagos. TITLE: Excision in Process (File Number L SD/ EXC/91/IBEJU) SIZE: 600sqm PRICE: NGN850,000
WHY INVEST IN LEKKI BOULEVARD • Located within the new economic hub of the nations • Excellent Neighbourhood and facilities • Capital appreciation is 100% guarantee • Available at premium affordable price
NEIGHBOURHOOD • Lekki Free Trade Zone • Dangote Petrochemical Refinery • Lekki Deep Sea Port • Power Oil Refinery • Dangote Jetty • La Campagne Tropicana Resort • Other Gated Estates
Don’t be left out, take advantage of this unbeatable discount price offer, the rush is amazing!
For Payment details call 08071020463/whatsapp 07089909705
Real Estate Consultant |□■ For Enquiries Call +234 708 9909 705 +234 807 1020 463